Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Meet my Hero and Villain

Hudson recently did a post on his Heroes in City of Heroes and I thought I might follow suit. Over the last five weeks I've been working on two main characters in City of Heroes. One hero and one villain. Here are their details:

THE VILLAIN

Meet Lady Xaphan:


I named her after Xaphan the fallen angel, who was cast out of heaven for trying to set it on fire. The name works well since she is a magical Brute with Fire/Fire powers. What I love about this character is the awesome wings that flap automatically when you fly around. Her first costume is that of a succubus, and her second is meant to be a Gothic looking vampire:


I've set up key binds to make her look like she is in agony when changing costumes. The role players seem to love it ;)

THE HERO

Meet The Avatar of Virtue:


There was no way I was going to go through an MMORPG without making a character with a sword and shield. That's when 'Avatar of Virtue' was created. She is a technology Scrapper with Sword/Shield powers. I gave her the Teleportation power set to get around, and I have to admit that it is very cool. I'd like to say that teleporting is better than flight, but it's major draw back is that it uses up enormous amounts of endurance, which makes traveling long distances tricky. It's definitely good for getting out of sticky situations though.

Out of both character, I'd have to say I enjoy being the villain more. There is just something about being evil that really appeals to me... muh ha ha ha...

I'm still enjoying City of Heroes, but I'm really starting to feel the grind. My highest level character is Lady Xaphan and she is only level 26. I'm not sure I want to do the crazy amount of grinding required to get her to level 50. I may end up hanging around only long enough to see how the Mission Architect expansion pans out. I'm not a big fan of grinding.

2 comments:

Thallian said...

awesome sauce I love the villain ;) beware the mighty Xaphan!

Crimson Starfire said...

Actually I do believe her title in the game is:

"The Infernal Lady Xaphan"

:P

..and yes villains are way cooler than heroes.