Monday, July 5, 2010

As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

Ergh.

From the words "this is the trooper.... he'll be our main tank" there was a sinking feeling in my gut. It was all downhill from there. I'm trying to decide whether the Jedi "holding aggro" is more of a slap in the face to the Star Wars legacy, or whether the honour goes to the smuggler throwing "light heals" around.

Luke: I'm excited for that new Bioware game.
Obi-Wan: That's no Bioware game. It's a space WoW.
Han: Bioware are too awesome to make a space WoW.
Luke: I have a very bad feeling about this.
Chewie: Unnggggghhh.

5 comments:

evizaer said...

Another mediocre/bad "original" combat system from Bioware. This one makes Dragon Age look innovative, which is hard to do. There's a good reason why they used D&D for their classics. They've proven that their writers are much better than their combat designers--and their writers aren't particularly great.

Crimson Starfire said...

After playing Dragon Age, I pretty much knew SW:TOR was going to suck for combat. Who knows, there might be some in-depth strategy to combat that hasn't been seen yet.

Ahh... who am I kidding, it's going to be a space WoW...

"Heal Spec Smuggler LFG"

:(

Jayedub said...

I admit cringing some when watching the video.

Randomessa said...

I thought I was the only one who came away from that video even less interested in SWTOR than I had been going in :/.

Tesh said...

On the other hand, GW2 seems intent on dodging the Trinity bullet.

Hope springs eternal?